The Department of Slavic Languages is pleased to offer the following academic programs
- the major in Russian, leading to the Bachelor of Arts degree
- the major in Russian with Business Coursework, leading to the Bachelor of Arts degree
- the Russian minor
- the minor in Russian Literature and Culture (in translation)
and to participate in the
- Russian and East European Studies Certificate program
- Five-Year Joint Bachelor of Arts/Master of Arts in Eastern European Studies (AB/MAREES) degree program
Study in the Russian Federation
All Russian majors and other qualified students are encouraged to study in the Russian Federation. Georgetown University is one of the core schools for the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE), which offers summer and semester programs in St. Petersburg, and is a participant in the ACTR's semester program in Moscow.
Students may apply to one or both programs through the University's Office of Global Education; participation in other study-abroad programs is subject to departmental and decanal approval.
For approved summer programs the Department awards three credits toward the Russian major and the remaining three credits as elective coursework. Semester and academic-year program credit will be determined by the Department.